I’m pretty happy with the results. I used New Look 6190 and they ended up not too far off what’s on the pattern envelope. I bought this one about 4 years ago when I wasn’t quite so voluptuous so it was already cut out in a size 18. I adjusted this by adding 4″ to the hips (1/2″ to each seam allowance) which I carried down the whole length as it handily also equaled the 2 inches I needed to add to the thigh. The other adjustment was to add an inch to the crotch depth as I’m paranoid about showing butt crack (can you blame me, really?). Once sewed up, I had to take 3 inches off the hem. I may be 5′ 9″ but that height is not in my legs!
I used a cheap polyester drill as I just wanted to give these a go before making some black pants for work. They were super easy to construct and I got to put the green machine to work on the overlocked seams. Originally I purchased the fabric intending to make New Look 6949 but found I already had this pattern and it had a nice waistband which 6949 didn’t. Unfortunately this one uses just a smidge more fabric so I had to make the facing from left over fabric but I quite like the contrast.
Pattern $- (From Stash)
Fabric $16.80 (2.4m@$7/m – Spotlight)
Thread $ 4.50
TOTAL: NZ$21.30 / US$14.7
PS. Found my package I left at the supermarket so more sewing to come.