Why the name change? Let’s examine Exhibit A.
What’s wrong with this picture?
What about this one?
This is what happens when you don’t pay attention to instructions, or try to watch masterchef while sewing.
This shirt is my second attempt at McCall’s 6035. The poet blouse was view b, and this was supposed to be view c, with a shirt collar and tabbed sleeves. Unfortunately in my lazy distraction I followed the instructions for the attachment in view A, which just has the collar band and didn’t realise until it was stitched, trimmed and serged so there was no chance of un-picking it.
Once I got over that mistake, I thought I was doing pretty well. I adjusted the fit in the bust, lengthened the hem and narrowed the shoulders a little. Then, halfway through the buttonholes, I realised I had sewn them horizontally instead of vertically.
Now I don’t give up easily and I finished the shirt but holy cow, I need to learn to focus on one thing at a time!
If you compare this to the poet blouse, you can see how I took it in under the bust.
Pattern: $0 (from stash)
Fabric: $8.0 (1.6m @ $5/m – Spotlight)
TOTAL: NZ$12.00 / US$8.70
Thanks to everyone who followed me across from This Light Gets In, I promise to pay you back with lots more lazy (and fingers crossed not-so-lazy) stitching to come.
Now being that this did not go as planned, I have another version of view C planned, for this soft cotton waffle fabric.