By the time Friday rolls around I always feel a little introspective so it’s a perfect time to post 10 things you probably don’t know about me. The gorgeous and talented Solvi at definelise, Laurwyn of QuirkyPrettyCute + Patty at The Snug Bug have sent me the lovely Beautiful Blogger Award which requires the a fore mentioned task. Here goes:
- I was raised vegetarian and I’ve never eaten meat in my entire life. I’m not preachy about it, but I like the way my Dad explains it best – he says there’s enough killing in the world already.
- I was a hippy child and I loved it!
- My dad, (that’s him in the top photo) is a massive Deadhead and I know pretty much every Grateful Dead song there is. Now when I hear that music it makes me so nostalgic for dad flipping pancakes on a Sunday morning – speakers pounding.
- I’ve worked for the same company since I finished high school eleven years ago. In contrast to my family culture, it’s a well-known multi-national corporation but the people I’ve met and the opportunities it’s bought me have been amazing and I’ve worked my way up from entry-level to overseeing the nationwide learning and development function.
- That being said every three years like clockwork, I have a major what-the-hell-am-I-doing-with-my-life freakout.
- My entire immediate family lives in London, they all went travelling separately but ended up living in the same neighbourhood. And they’re all coming home to visit in November which is exciting but also a little overwhelming as I’m quite the independent introspective soul.
- When I was 23 I went back-packing through Guatemala by myself to my mother’s horror. A friend pulled out at the last minute but I decided to go anyway. There is something both exhilarating and terrifying about knowing that no-body in the entire world knows where you are.
- I am a dork and hideously socially awkward. I feel like I just missed that whole stage of development.
- I can’t walk past a photo-booth without taking a photo.
- This is me! I generally feel like enough of a goof just taking photos of my projects that you guys don’t need to see the goofy facial expressions usually accompanying them 😉
I know this award has been circulating for a while so ladies, if you’ve been there, done that I understand but I would love to nominate:
- Josephine of The Silk Futures
- Kat from Sewing with Patience
- Angela from Mihee So
- Huff from Huff Makes Stuff
- Kat from Kat’s Creations
Thank you Patty, Laurwyn & Solvi 🙂