So I’ve joined another sew-along that I probably won’t actually finish….
But more on that in a second because LOOK what I stumbled across on Pinterest!
Amazon have it available for pre-0rder here (for less than US$20!) and from what I can make out the release date is Novemeber 2011.
Heres the blurb from Amazon:
“Five simple fundamentals can help you perfect any sewing project: a thoughtful plan, a precise pattern, a fantastic fit, a beautiful fabric, and a fine finish. With these five core ideas, The Colette Sewing Handbook shows you how to start sewing the wardrobe of your dreams.
- Approachable and easy to follow. Instead of a big, confusing catalog of sewing techniques, you’ll build your knowledge gradually around the five simple fundamentals. A section of basic sewing lessons means you’ll never feel lost.
- Hands-on learning. Start improving your skills immediately by applying each of the five principles of the book to a beautiful project, included in the book.
- Feed your creativity. Have more fun designing sewing projects for your personal style, and create the things you’ll actually love to wear!
- Feel more confident. Gain the know-how to work with any sewing pattern out there.
- Look great in what you make. Become your own custom seamstress and hand-tailored clothes that fit you the way you want.
- Get inspired by fabric. Expand your creative palette and get the look you want by choosing the best fabrics for your projects.
- Perfect the details. Make clothes you can be proud of with beautiful finishing techniques.
Colette Patterns is known for timeless design and exceptionally clear instruction. This book from designer Sarai Mitnick guides you gradually and painlessly to becoming a better seamstress. Get inspired, feel confident, and make beautiful clothing you’ll be proud to wear!”
Plus it includes 5 exclusive’patterns too.
Update: Sarai has posted an announcement with more info on the book here. Plus it appears the patterns included will be 1 blouse, 3 dresses and 1 skirt.
(Also, while you’re over on amazon check out the burdastyle book (release date Nov 1) that so many awesome bloggers were working on last year.)
In the meantime, back to the sewalong – Sarai is hosting a sew-along of the Rooibos dress and I’m signing on up with best intentions. If you want to sign up too, she is offering 20% off the pattern when you enter ROOIBOSAUGUST (all caps) at the checkout until August 16.
Aaah… I love pretty things.